Friday, April 10, 2009

23

Today is my birfday, as I like to call it. It came at a wonderful time this year seeing as I am home in Amarillo for my spring break. I have already had some wonderful celebrating for my 23rd year. Before I left Philly for spring break my roommates made a wonderful cake for me. They tried to keep me out of the kitchen so I would be surprised and ended up telling me I couldn't come in because they were ashamed that they were eating chocolate chips out of the bag and they thought I would be upset. I got over it, (originally I was mad because they wouldn't let me in the kitchen. That night I was wearing a great pair of wedges that I found on the street on the way to work. Woodland Avenue= constant accidental garage sale. p.s. the shoes fit me perfectly, just like cinderella.
Me wearing the shoes I found and holding the wonderful cake. Thanks roommates!

Next I went to Dallas for a weekend of fun with my favorite ladies from college. They surprised me with pudding cups, a knitting book, a littlest pet shop bird, and a muscle shirt. They are too good to me. Brooke made me some wonderful cupcakes as well.

the ladies at the deep ellum art festival. Sounds cool, but it mostly consisted of people selling weird jewelry and lizard wall hangings.

Since then I have been home spending time with my parents and grandma. I have had a lot of time to relax, read, and sew. All being some of my favorite things. This morning for my birthday I got to go get my teeth cleaned in Fritch (hometown) at my Dad's office. As my sister Deborah and I were leaving we took pictures of the main street to show our friends where we really came from.


Yes, this is where I spent the first 18 years of my life. My parents made sure we spent a majority of the summer at camp and other places, which is probably one of the reasons I still don't live there.

My grandmother sent me a sweet card today saying that she knew I was special when at the age of four I spent almost an entire day dressing a redressing a pet rock with a piece of fabric. Oh how far I have come.

rebekah

No comments: