Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Turbo Jam

The newest trend in our house is work out videos. I consider this trend to be good. Past 55th street trends were raw brownie batter eating, crocheting, and in general just eating/making sugary food. So since most of us in the house decided to be more 'healthy' this winter, work out videos seemed to make and appearance. It started when I got out my 20 minute pilates DVD from my senior year of high school. This was a good challenge for a few days. After that Tera pulled out her huge collection of Turbo Jam DVD's. I had never experienced Turbo Jam before, and lets just say that it is an experience, (especially for a coordination challenged person like me). So after a few 20 minute sessions every once in a while we went crazy on Sunday afternoon. Tera, Lilly, and I completed one 20 minute learn and burn work out followed by a 40 minute sculpt session and lastly a 20 minute ab session that was really painful. Climbing stairs and moving my stomach has been a challenge.

Other than obsessively working out (not really) things have been good. Amy and I got to see our favorite baby Rhianna the other day. Our neighbors babysit her every Saturday and I always look forward to seeing her. She is honestly the funniest baby ever. I can't wait till she starts talking.

In other unrelated news my family will be in Philly in a little under three weeks to visit me for the weekend. Then three weeks after that I will be traveling to Brenham TX to be a part of the wedding of Lauren Hall and Chris Gaines! After that a certain best friend is coming to visit me! So spring is going to be eventful no doubt.

That's all for now. I will try to encourage something funny to happen with the kids today in aftercare at Cornerstone. The funniest thing that happened yesterday, and its a little more creepy than funny was this kid "john" who is in kindergarten whispering "i killed a fat man" under his breath repeatedly while doing homework. Its always the small things that make me laugh.

p.s. Oh, I forgot to officially announce that I have been accepted to Eastern University for the MA program in Urban Studies with a concentration in Community Development! Whoop!

7 comments:

Brooke said...

who killed the fat man in the kidergarten class? you killed the fat man in the kidergarten class? who me? yes you? couldn't be! then who:JOHN!
next work out video: richard simmons "A-tonin' Uptown"

tina said...

congratulations Rebekah!!!! we are so excited for you. Hey when you get tired of the turbo jam videos (of which I have way too many) then let me know and I can send you some of my oldies but goodies!!

Laura said...

yay Eastern! A couple girls I worked at camp with went there.


love you. call me on your day off plz

Deborah Welch said...

YEA for acceptance into school. We are all iced in so maybe I shall bust out some exercise videos too. Can not wait to be in Philly. It will be a good time had by all. See ya soon!

Julie said...

That's so awesome!! I really want to hear more about it! EEEE!!!!!

The Carters said...

yay! congrats rebekah! :) you're so smarty!

and ps.. i have done my pilates at home video a few times and always wish you were there to roll around the floor with me :)

Ashley said...

and you should come sew with me! i think of you every time i do that too!!