Tuesday, January 6, 2009

back.

As of 2:30 yesterday afternoon I was a citizen of Philadelphia again. I was greeted by the great Philadelphia airport and was invited to wait for my luggage for 30 minutes. Good welcome. Despite not ideal conditions I got back to my house and was greeted by all the christmas decorations that I promptly took down and threw them down the basement stairs. Once that was over i popped a few benadryl and slept for about ten hours. It was glorious. I was slightly groggy this morning though and had and interesting walk to work. I had forgotten how much I really like my 30 minute walk to work. It is sometimes a pain and often boring, but there is something really therapeutic about that walk. I see friendly and unfriendly people, and look at the murals, and I always debate going into dunkin' donuts for a coffee. When I am almost to work I usually get accosted by the hack cab drivers on Woodland who ask me if i need a ride anywhere. You would think after four months of seeing me walk everyday that they would understand that I am never going to take a ride in their cars. No offense to them however, I am sure they are wonderful gentlemen.

My two weeks at home were good. I got the see a few friends and family and spent a lot of time consuming mexican food. Christmas was spent in Amarillo with my mom's side of the family. It was good we ate lamb. For one of the first times ever my family opened presents on Christmas eve, which I enjoyed. My favorite gift, probably the rolly bag my mom got me. Cute and practical. We opened presents at my grandma's the day after christmas with my aunt and uncle.

New Year's eve I drove to Dallas and met up with seven of my closest friends. We all crammed into a hotel room and every choreographed a dance to Bossy to welcome Brooke back from France. She of course was overwhelmed. She actually wouldn't come into the room while we were doing the dance, which worried me. She ended up not being emotionally scarred from it however. On New Year's day we woke up early and ate at the unbeatable Cafe Brazil, and then I headed to my grandparents. Rachel and I might or might not have gotten lost. At my grandparents my entire family met up to celebrate the holiday. The day after was Grace Brazile-Watsons wedding which was a good time for all. The next my family and Brooke headed to Amarillo in my dad's highlander and arrived home on Saturday. I got to see some Gladies on Sunday who surprised me with a visit to Amarillo. We cooked dinner and laughed. The next morning at 6:30 my mom drove me to the airport, and I was gone.

So my two weeks home was good, and I am looking forward to more fun in the months to come.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the shout out to the rolly bag!! I'm so glad I got to spend time with you in Amarillo! Love you!

The Carters said...

Rebekah! I ran into Bre in San Antonio while we were on our 2 week break as well! She told me she was going to see you and I was jealous! I wish I would have gotten to see you and Kelley over the break--dallas was like the one place in Tx we didn't hit up on our tour of the state (ok, and fritch too). but anyway I am glad you got to spend some time at home w/ friends and family. Miss you and love you!