Sunday, October 11, 2009

can I go back to college?






Wait. I am still technically in college according to my brand new shiny Easter University college ID, (which I got to pick out the picture myself). I feel like the real world (aka a nine to five job) isn't all that it seemed to be. I am really enjoying my job (adult ESL) but it is really weird to have such a huge part of my week dedicated to one thing. It will take some adjustment.



College. Is currently eating my lunch. I went to Philly last week for ten days for my Urban Studies Graduate Program Residency (it looks more important capitalized). I spent my days in a class room for the entire day. It was good. I met lots of awesome people. Hung out with old awesome friends. I decided that I really love this program. What don't I love do you ask?



Oh maybe the 15 books I checked out at the library today to help me write my thesis proposal. I am excited about the paper and my topic (systemic racism in America). But really Dr. Corbitt do I have to have this many sources? So maybe grad school is a little harder than undergrad. OK it is. Feel sorry for me. Or hang out with me so I don't go crazy.


On a lighter note Catlin and I visited the North Texas Volunteer Center Warehouse last week. The place I work (http://www.arlingtonreads.org/) is a member of the organization which means we get shopping access to the giant warehouse with brand new donated goods. What did I buy? Oh approximately 8 decorative pillows for $2 each. Yes read it and weep. Working for practically no money rarely pays off, but in this circumstance it did.

Rebekah

4 comments:

Laura said...

love those pillows. and being an adult does bite...preach it, sistah.

Unknown said...

Hi Rebekah,

My name is Jamie and I am loving your new pillows! Any chance you'd be interested in either hosting a giveaway with our site All Modern.com or possibly reviewing an item on your blog? Let me know if this is something you'd be interested on. Hoping to hear from you! jsward@csnstores.com

Julie said...

niceeeeeeee! i like the painting lots also.

sililwsk said...

Grad school was a lot easier for me than undergrad because Library Science is easier than Biology. So yeah. :\ I'm glad I didn't have to write a thesis though. I kind of want to get my doctorate but I'm so lazy and I don't want to write a dissertation!

It's Jennifer by the way. :)