Thursday, February 12, 2009

LOVE part 2

I realize that when I titled my last blog post, LOVE, people may have thought that I was in love. But actually I am not in love. Not in love with a specific person. But there are lots of things that I love.

· I love natural peanut butter…I have been stockpiling three jars that I brought home from Christmas. Central market brand is my favorite.
· I love reading a book that will make me laugh out loud. I tend to not love the heart-wrenching serious stuff that makes me cry. For example I just read this book called, Belong to Me by Marisa de los Santos. It was yes, a little shallow with a predicatalbe happy ending, but I laughed so much that I looked a little crazy.

· I love when my best friend Brooke draws pictures that are hilarious and confusing at the same time and mails them to me. (i.e. a fairy with a semi-automatic weapon)
· I love snow days.
· I love dancing in my living room with my roommates trying to burn off the calories we just ate at dinner.
· I appreciate, and maybe even love a good cardigan, especially in this climate.
· I love good music, and finding good new music. Current loves are The Welcome Wagon, Fiction Family, and Feist. I love learning a CD and knowing where are the good lines and songs are.

· I love going to sleep when it is raining.
· I love a lot of housewifey things like baking, cooking, sewing, and crafting. I realize all of these are a little old lady-ish, but I actually do love doing all of these things. I also get a sick thrill out of cleaning out the refrigerator. Like taking everything out of it, scrubbing it, and then organizing it. I really don’t like to clean anything else.
· I love the book of Isaiah in the bible.
· I love discovering new books and authors. This year I have discovered Nouwen, Thurman, Manning, and Varnier.


· I love finishing a journal I have been writing in for a long time.
· I love my friends that I went to college with. The ones I lived with and the ones I didn’t. I had way too much fun, and I am only now realizing how lucky I was.


· I love and sometimes hate community.
· I do love my family as well…which is good because I will see them tomorrow!
I hope this post wasn’t too sickening.
rebekah

3 comments:

Laura said...

i love YOU!

that's a cheesy comment after a post like that, but screw all the haters...

p.s.- i have a student that wears a shirt every day that says something about "haters" like "haters are just jealous of my shoe collection" or "i heart haters" etc. carlos is a special kid...:)

p.s.s- i only eat central market natural pb too! It's the only kind that is not oily and so yummy peanut buttery!!!

Anonymous said...

i love you too baybay.

come to dallas.

tell your fam and philly i said what up.

Brooke said...

i wore one of your cardigans today and came up with a new plot for a piece of fiction. interested in investing?? you can be on the writing team. actually, i'd rather you be the illustrator. your pictures are always more enjoyable than mine and crazier.

really wish you were here. <3